Help with bounded variance components - !US specification

Help with bounded variance components - !US specification

Dear ASREMLers

I have a VERY simple data set, with a univariate model and 40 provenances,
with unequal number of families in each provenance. (see prog. below)

Some of my family within provenance variance is coming out as Bound (B).  I
therefore want to change the !GP that is assumed to !US for each of the
family within variance components.  I have tried !US after the factor in
the model, but this doesn't work for all the variance components.

I also tried specifying starting values and !US as a G structure, but I
couldn't seem to get it to work.
PROV/FAM 2
PROV 0 US !+40 !GU
(40 starting values for 40 different family within provenance effects)
FAM 0 0

is this right?

How can I specify !US for a nested structure for a univariate analysis?

Any help will be really appreciated!!!
cheers
Heidi

OP PROV PROGENY DATA
 TREE
 MUM 100
 DAD 1
 REP 5
 IBLOCK 95
 FAM 444
 PROV 40 !A
 HT3
DATA.dat
HT3 ~ mu REP PROV !r REP/IBLOCK PROV/FAM
0

Heidi Dungey
Forest Research
Private Bag 3020