No Subject

Thanks to earlier responses I have the sire model working and it took about 10
minutes per iteration. I then added the maternal grandsire (same factor as sire,
~10800 levels) without fitting the covariance and it seems to be converging but
taking about 1 day per iteration. I also had to increase memory at least 4-fold
(-s5 to -s7). I'm puzzled at the great increase in memory and time - am I
expecting too much of this model?  The mgs factor has some missings and I'm not
sure what the program does with those records? Thanks.

Region comparison of concentrations
 key 106031 !I
 region 6
 jersey !/16
 het
 sire !P
 mgs !M0 !P
 locn 14105
 season 11 !I
 period 3
 cowage 4 !I
 dim
 logdim
 pro_fat
 fat%
 prot%
ped.txt !MGS
regions.txt
prot% ~ mu season period sea.per jersey het cowage region,
 !r sire 0.207 mgs 0.05 key 1.003 locn 2.066

              THE FOLLOWING WARNINGS ATTACH TO THIS COMMUNICATION
This  material  is  intended  for  the named recipient only and has been created
solely for the purpose and function of Livestock Improvement Corporation Limited
and may contain information that is subject to the Privacy Act / Confidentiality
/ Privilege / Copyright. Any person other than the named recipient is prohibited
from retaining / disclosing / copying / distributing / using all or part of this
material.