Re: program failed

Hi,
How big is the data set (number of records and number of animals)?
See the manual chapters 1, 3, 4.
Try running with the command line -Ss option
    where s is an integer
eg: asreml.exe -S2 try.as

Without knowing the operating system, any value of s over about 3
will use virtual memory (i.e. the hard disk) and be slow.

If your data set is large or has a complex model, you will need to find an
alternative solution. Removing unnecessary variables will help.

Regards
Bruce

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Maria Eugênia Mercadante wrote:

> Hello,
> I am beggining a study of pregnant rate with ASREML, from a selection
experiment (2 lines selection). The first problem was with memory allocated:
PROGRAM failed in AIABS: Increase memory (message in asr file).