Re: Getting help - Forestry example
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Getting help - Forestry example



Dear Carlos
Welcome to the ASREML list.

I trust you have access to someone with a good understanding wwith which
to discuss these things.  It is usually quite hard doing it alone.

Let me assume you have arranged your data with 3750 records and 4 columns
we will label   Set Fam Rep DBH
 where DBH is the response and Set contains numbers 1:10, Fam contains 1:250
 and Rep contains 1:15
 
 I'll assume no missing values.
 
 Your real file may have many more columns and have them in any order.
 
 The basic ASREML job would be
 
 Carlos trial - First run
   Set 10
   Fam 250
   Rep 15
   DBH
 carlos.dat
 DBH ~ mu !r Set Fam Rep.Set
 
 However, I am confused by this model as to the actual layout.
 You say single tree plots.  I presume the Replicates are laid out as blocks
 and that the 250 families are randomised within Reps.  Therefore
 I would expect to include Rep also in the model because Rep.Set
 is an error term not meant to take out blocking effects.
 
 Anyway.  Once you have gone this far, you could consider fitting
 a spatial error term to e, fitting trends to remove spatial effects,
 or blocks (spatial modelling preferred by us).
 
 Or moving in another direction, look at multivariate analysis.
 However, have a good read of the manual.  It is pointless me trying
 to abbreviate what is already there.
 
 Arthur
   
> X-Authentication-Warning: lamb.chiswick.anprod.csiro.au: petidomo set sender 
to asreml-owner@ram.chiswick.anprod.csiro.au using -f
> From: "rhmartin@idecnet.com" <rhmartin@mail.idecnet.com>
> To: asreml@ram.chiswick.anprod.csiro.au
> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:07:02 +0000
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Subject: Getting help
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by vogon.agric.nsw.gov.au 
id WAA28126
> 
> My name is  Carlos. Im from Argentina and Im working in 
> forestry. 
> At  the moment Im in Spain and I would like to join the 
> discussion grouplist. 
> Im  trying to use Asreml in progeny trials  in order 
> to rank genotypes  but Ihavent enough experience. Id like  to 
> get  the  Asreml linear model for an open pollinated progeny 
> trial planted according to the following  model:
> 
> y = mu +  Set + Set*Rep + Fam(Set) + e
> 
>  where: Set=provenances (random)
>  Fam=families (random) 
> Families are nested within sets. 
> I need components of variances for  this model in order to calculate
> heretability,  gain  and rank families.
> 
> I have 250 families in  a single tree plot design with 15 
> replications. There are 10 sets with 25 families each. The total
> number of trees is 3750. 
> Thanks.
> I am looking forward to your reply.
> --
> Asreml mailinglist archive: http://www.chiswick.anprod.csiro.au/lists/asreml


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Arthur Gilmour PhD                    email: Arthur.Gilmour@agric.nsw.gov.au
Senior Research Scientist (Biometrics)                 fax: <61> 2 6391 3899
NSW Agriculture                                             <61> 2 6391 3922
Orange Agricultural Institute               telephone work: <61> 2 6391 3815
Forest Rd, ORANGE, 2800, AUSTRALIA                    home: <61> 2 6362 0046

ASREML is still free by anonymous ftp from pub/aar on ftp.res.bbsrc.ac.uk
    or point your web browser at ftp://ftp.res.bbsrc.ac.uk/pub/aar/ 

To join the asreml discussion list, send the message  
     subscribe
to  asreml-request@chiswick.anprod.CSIRO.au

The address for messages to the list is asreml@chiswick.anprod.CSIRO.au

Asreml mailinglist archive: http://www.chiswick.anprod.csiro.au/lists/asreml

                        <> <> <> <> <> <> <>
"You (Father) have given Him (Your Son) authority over all flesh,
   that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
And this is eternal life,
   that they may know You, the only true God,
   and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."  John 17: 2-3.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


--
Asreml mailinglist archive: http://www.chiswick.anprod.csiro.au/lists/asreml